Job Openings at Wisconsin Packaging Corp.
Are you looking for the "right" job?
You spend a huge part of your day working. Wouldn't it be great to enjoy your job and the people you work with? Wisconsin Packaging Corp. is a family owned business and we treat our employees as if they are our family.
We work as a team and play as a team. We celebrate special occasions together. Birthday treats, parties and outings are just a few ways we show our care and respect for each other.
If you have an interest in working at WPC in one of the following areas, please send your resume to us (don't forget to specify the area of interest):
Shipping Operations/Class A Driver
SUMMARY : Responsible for safely and efficiently operating a tractor-trailer or straight truck to deliver sheets or finished products to customers and in accordance with federal and state laws. Performs shipping related activities such as fork lift operation, warehouse management, operation of the bander, and bailing scrap stock. This position is intended to be approximately a 70/30 % driver and shipping operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transports finished goods and raw materials to and from our manufacturing facility, customers and suppliers.
- Inspecting vehicles and trailers for mechanical items and safety issues and perform operator preventative maintenance.
- Comply with all DOT regulations, company policies and procedures.
- Willing to submit to background checks, DOT drug testing and physical requirements
- Operates a forklift safely, loading/unloading trailers, moving work in progress and finished stock within the warehouse.
- Operates the bander and bailer as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
1 year of commercial driving experience with trailer.
Must be able to receive/ maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
Have a valid state Commercial Drivers’ License and meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements.
Outside Sales Representative
Under the direction of the General Manager the basic and chief function of the Outside Sales Representative is to secure orders from existing and potential customers by means of visiting the customer or by phone. This candidate must have corrugated experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Develop sales territory.
- Secures opportunities to quote on customer’s packaging requirements.
- As assigned, handles customer accounts and ensures orders are completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Follows up (by phone or visit) on quotations submitted to customers.
- Establishes professional customer/vendor relationships with appropriate customer personnel.
- Completes (neatly and thoroughly) a sales request form for orders and estimate requests as needed.
- Clearly communicates customer specifications for each job to help ensure quality completion.
- Performs all assigned duties in the assigned sales territory.
- Submits weekly activity reports concerning customer-related activities and problems.
- Submits expense and itinerary reports on a weekly basis.
- Call upon customers concerning late invoices.
- Ensures that the customer is our first priority.
- Promotes a positive working environment supporting Wisconsin Packaging Corp’s teamwork concept.
- Enhances job growth through continuing education, as necessary.
- Performs any directly related appropriate duties assigned by the General Manager.
Work Relationship and Scope:
Reports directly to the General Manager. Is a member of the sales team and must maintain a positive team attitude toward all WPC employees. Works directly with WPC Customer Service Representatives, Estimators, and Design Engineers.
Measure of Performance:
- Fulfillment of job responsibilities by meeting all customer and WPC specifications for service, quality, accuracy and efficiency.
- Meets/Exceeds annual sales goals.
- Responds to customer requests within 24-hours.
- Ensure the highest maintenance of department standards and customer good will.
- Effective service-orientated performance and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop good working relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Stays within expense budget.
- Takes care of company property.
- Compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Integrity regarding confidential and proprietary information.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Education/Training : Requires B.A. degree or 3-years experience in the corrugated industry. Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a vehicle.
- Experience : Previous outside sales experience preferred. Full understanding of customer service philosophy and procedures. Ability to keep “customer satisfaction” as a guiding factor. Corrugated Experience is a must.
- Requires skill in: Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills are required to deal effectively with customers (both internal and external). Legible handwriting to record information and fill out forms; telephone etiquette skills; ability to perform mathematical calculations; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks; ability to solve problems and make adjustments as needed; capable of dealing with deadline pressures; integrity regarding confidential information.
- Additional Desirable Qualifications : Self-motivated, personable, extroverted personality and well organized. Experience with various computer programs.
Work is split between driving and meeting customers at their worksite and the WPC office. The majority of the time will be driving (in all types of weather) to meet with current or potential customers.
Work requires various periods throughout the day of sitting, standing, stooping, bending, kneeling and reaching. Some repetitive motion involving the telephone and computer.
This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by Management. All requirements are subject to change over time at the discretion of Management, and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. This job description is not an employment contract and does not create contractual obligations. Employees are considered “At Will” with the right to terminate employment at any time, for any reason; just as the Company retains a similar right to terminate the employment relationship of any employee.
Job Type: Full-time
- corrugated industry: 1 year
Required license or certification:
Please submit your resume with letter of interest and salary history to:
Human Resources Manager
Wisconsin Packaging Corp.
P.O. Box 28
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538
-- or --