Job Openings at Wisconsin Packaging Corp.
Are you looking for the "right" job?
You spend a huge part of your day working. Wouldn't it be great to enjoy your job and the people you work with? Wisconsin Packaging Corp. is a family owned business and we treat our employees as if they are our family.
We work as a team and play as a team. We celebrate special occasions together. Birthday treats, parties and outings are just a few ways we show our care and respect for each other.
If you have an interest in working at WPC in one of the following areas, please send your resume to us (don't forget to specify the area of interest):
The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for the shipment of product to our customers. The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for the accuracy of shipments and meeting all documented service requirements. This person plans, orders and directs all activities within the Shipping Department. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
- Provides daily direction and leadership to the Shipping Department team members; Makes recommendations for manpower needs including involvement in recruitment and selection process as well as employee terminations in the Shipping Department
- Accountable for staffing, training, motivation and leadership within area of responsibility; Develops a team work environment; Builds departmental standards for performance; Ensures that all employees in the Shipping Department are properly trained
- Ensures that materials shipped are verified against pertinent documentation
- Establishes and maintains procedures for determining and meeting company and customer delivery commitments by handling materials, providing labor, and effective use of time
- Recommends and assists in implementing operating procedures and promotes continual improvement within the department and the company
- Follows shipping methods for materials using the operations procedures; Resolves emergent issues for expedited deliveries to the customer and/or job site
- Monitors the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of inbound and outbound shipments
- Maintains working relationships with transportation representatives, vendors and suppliers to ensure cost control and competitiveness
- Interfaces with customers regarding product delivery time schedules, coordinates vendor acceptance
- Interfaces with other departments to resolve problems with timely delivery or disposition of order cancellations
- Monitors and tracks shipping vendor performance
- Negotiates shipping costs
- Schedules and tracks all inbound and outbound shipments
- Ensures that daily goals are met and sustained daily/weekly/monthly.
Customer Service Representative
Under the direction of the Customer Service Manager, the basic and chief function of the Customer Service Representative is to coordinate all activities of an order from receipt to completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- As assigned, handles customer accounts and ensures orders are completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Accurate/timely order entry and quote requests.
- Develops a sales request form for order and estimate requests as needed.
- Reviews the purchase requirements for each job; initiates the process.
- Ensures that the estimate is completed on schedule.
- Responsible for issuing proper computer-generated print cards.
- Quotes out all farm-outs for repeat items.
- Provides customers with a detailed estimate of new jobs based on the initial review of design and costing areas
- Communicates customer specifications for each job to help ensure quality completion.
- Develops and maintains an excellent working relationship with customers.
- Ensures that the sales staff and/or customer are immediately advised of any delays or unusual circumstances of their orders.
- Works with the Customer Service Manager to resolve all customer service problems/complaints in a timely manner.
- Follows-up on orders, estimates, design requests and customer requests as needed.
- 1 year of customer service experience in a manufacturing setting.
- High School graduate.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel. Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
Packaging Design Engineer
Under the direction of the Customer Service Manager the basic and chief function of the Packaging Design Engineer is to propose and develop custom packaging for customers and potential customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Design and produce samples for customers and sales team.
- Daily review and adjustment of Design Team Schedule.
- Communicate schedule changes to affected personnel.
- Provide specifications and layouts for orders and pricing.
- Provide estimating forms for Customer Service.
- Provide layouts for cutting die suppliers.
- Maintain computer specifications and allowances to: test flutes, single wall-double wall, styles and production layouts to aid manufacturing.
- Perform Drop, Vibration testing and required test forms.
- Ensures within the Team that the customer is our first priority.
- Maintains individual Design Log keeping track of number of designs, type of designs and number of samples.
- Maintains organized, detailed records.
- Interacts with other personnel as well as customer and supplier representatives on quality issues as requested by the Production Manager.
- Conducts himself/herself in an ethical and prudent manner and maintains a good attitude.
- Promotes a positive working environment supporting Wisconsin Packaging Corp’s teamwork concept.
- Enhances job growth through continuing education, as necessary.
Work Relationship and Scope:
Reports directly to the Customer Service Manager. Due to the nature of the position works closely with the Sales Team and Customer Service Team, all Wisconsin Packaging Employees, customers and vendors.
Measure of Performance:
- Fulfillment of all job responsibilities, by meeting all customer and WPC specifications for service, quality, accuracy and efficiency.
- Timely completion of samples, specs, drawings, and other required information as requested.
- Continuous improvement in the percentage of designs produced-to-sold ratio over previous years.
- Regular, reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Ensure the highest maintenance of department standards and customer good will.
- Effective service-orientated performance and professionalism
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop good working relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Integrity regarding confidential and proprietary information.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Education/Training: Requires at least a college degree preferably in Packaging Design.
- Experience: Knowledge of packaging materials (especially corrugated) and the machinery associated with the industry. Full understanding of customer service philosophy and procedures of the Company. Ability to be persuasive with customers, keeping “customer satisfaction” as a guiding factor.
- Requires skill in: Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills are required to deal effectively with customers (both internal and external). Legible handwriting to record information and fill out forms; telephone etiquette skills; ability to perform mathematical calculations involving adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing factions, decimals and percentages; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks; ability to solve problems and make adjustments as needed; capable of dealing with deadline pressures; integrity regarding confidential information.
- Additional Desirable Qualifications: Experience with Impact (or similar CAD program), Excel, and Adobe Illustrator.
Work is performed in a pleasant and professional office environment. Some time will be spent in the plant, which is not temperature-controlled.
Work requires various periods throughout the day of sitting, standing, stooping, bending, kneeling and reaching. Some repetitive motion involving the telephone, data entry and filing is required. Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by Management. All requirements are subject to change over time at the discretion of Management, and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. This job description is not an employment contract and does not create contractual obligations. You are an employee “At Will” with the right to terminate employment at any time, for any reason; just as our Company retains a similar right to terminate the employment relationship of any employee.
Please submit your resume with letter of interest and salary history to:
Human Resources Manager
Wisconsin Packaging Corp.
P.O. Box 28
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538
-- or --