Job Openings at Wisconsin Packaging Corp.
Are you looking for the "right" job?
You spend a huge part of your day working. Wouldn't it be great to enjoy your job and the people you work with? Wisconsin Packaging Corp. is a family owned business and we treat our employees as if they are our family.
We work as a team and play as a team. We celebrate special occasions together. Birthday treats, parties and outings are just a few ways we show our care and respect for each other.
If you have an interest in working at WPC in one of the following areas, please send your resume to us (don't forget to specify the area of interest):
General Production Employees
We are currently hiring general production employees. Must be flexible to work 1st or 2nd shift. Most benefits are available after 60 days of employment.
Directs the financial affairs of the organization and prepares financial analyses of operations, including final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management. The Controller is responsible for the company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with lending institutions and the financial community, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports. The position involves supervision over general accounting, internal auditing, cost accounting, and budgetary controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Prepare monthly statements including balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other complex analysis and statements and submit to the General Manager.
- Responsible for the development of financial policies, systems and special financial studies for the Company.
- Assist with the corporate strategic planning for the Company and completes a budget to support it that meets the Company's mission and goals while making full use of the Company' assets in achieving budgeted earning and sales.
- In Conjunction with the General Manager, and with input from the other managers, prepare a corporate budget prior to the end of each fiscal year and assist in attaining stated business profit objectives. Maintain a reporting system to top management indicating each month's actual figures compared to budgeted amounts.
- Provides on-going support and accounting, computer support expertise for all management personnel, assisting then in establishing goal, objectives, policies, and procedures for their functions.
- Monitors activities to insure proper levels of profit margin, overhead, and direct expenses are maintained.
Human Resources Administrator
Under the direction of the General Manager the basic and chief function of the Human Resources Administrator is to develop, implement and coordinate policies and programs covering the following: employment, wage and salary administration, benefit administration, training, and employee services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Directs employment activities, assuring that properly qualified employees are recruited and hired for company positions.
- Contacts various sources of labor supply to recruit; interview job applicants and checks personal qualifications against job requirements, following information supplied as to general and specific or immediate needs; refers applicants to appropriate department supervisor for interview and approval; investigates references and handles details of employee induction.
- Personally participates in new-employee orientation programs.
- Coordinates and participates with management in disciplinary or termination proceedings involving employees.
- Rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and monitors performance evaluation program.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting / enrollments / terminations, approving invoices for payment. Participates in annual renewal process.
- Participates in work-injury investigations. Prepares and submits first-report of injury to work comp. carrier. Maintains OSHA Log. Works together with medical provider, injured worker, work comp. carrier, and management through end of healing in accommodating restrictions if required.
- Processes hourly (weekly) and salaried (semi-monthly) payrolls
- Maintains vacation requests/balances and monitors attendance program.
- Assists in keeping employees informed of all changes in personnel policies, counsels with employees on personnel policies and personal problems. Assists in the solutions and appropriate adjustments to complaints received from management personnel and employees.
- Assures that the company employment, personnel, and equal opportunity policies and practices comply with the applicable provisions of federal and state laws, including maintenance of necessary files, etc.
- Conducts research into personnel programs and activities, and recommends changes or innovations when desirable.
- Is an active member of both the Safety and Wellness committees.
- Coordinates annual audiograms, wellness screenings, flu shots, insurance enrollments, 401K enrollments.
- Plans and coordinates company functions.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year experience in a manufacturing setting, preferably with machine operation familiarity. The tasks very daily, but will include feeding corrugated sheets into machines that manufacture boxes, working on glue lines that finish the boxes, hand labor building displays or assemblies. A commitment to safety, quality and attendance is very important. The job is very physical and standing on your feet for the entire shift is not uncommon.
Rotary/Flexo Machine Operations
Candidate will be responsible for all activities associated with running a 4-color rotary die cutter, including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup print and die cut sections in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to loose liner, warp, correct size, and print.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and meet production goals.
- Train and assist others with job duties on the machine.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, and Quality Data.
- Adheres to production schedule and is available for overtime at short-notice.
- Must be flexible to change shifts, if necessary.
- Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
- Reports any unusual scheduling issues to supervisor.
- Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
Please submit your resume with letter of interest and salary history to:
Human Resources Manager
Wisconsin Packaging Corp.
P.O. Box 28
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538
-- or --